CHEF DEMOS at our June - October Farmers Markets
The Glen Rock Farmers Markets will be held in the Borough Hall employee parking lot and the adjoining lawn on Rock Road from 10:00am to 2:00pm on Sundays June 4 - October 15. (The best GPS address is Glen Rock Borough Hall 1 Harding Plaza, Glen Rock, NJ.)
Thank you for your interest in demonstrating at the market. Chefs are asked to prepare a seasonal recipe that can be made using ingredients found at the farmers market.
The market runs from 10-2. Most days you can choose the time that works best for you between 10-2.
What We Provide
- Marketing with a link to your business/social media presence to let the public know when you will be in attendance and the recipe you will be making. Please send us your image(s) and links.
- Information about what will be fresh at the market.
- Reimbursement toward ingredients bought at the Glen Rock Farmers Market (please discuss this ahead of time with us).
- Your set-up: A table, table cloth, and possibly a tent (depending on how long you are staying and tent availability).
- Sampling cups, spoons/forks
- Hand sanitizer
What You Provide
- Please bring everything you will need to prepare your recipe (seasonings, bowls, mixing spoons, serving spoons, knives, cutting boards, etc.). We provide reimbursement toward ingredients bought at the GRFM (discussed in advance).
- A clean copy of the full recipe you're planning to make with allergen information to display in a frame so market visitors can take photos of the recipe, or copy it down. (Not required, but we suggest avoiding nuts for tastings.) We can email you to let you know what will be fresh at the market, but if you'd prefer to wait to shop the market, you can add a placeholder ingredient on your recipe such as “GR Farmers Market seasonal vegetable."
There is limited electric and advance notice is needed.
The Boring, but Important Stuff
Insurance is required prior to attendance, and the certificate must reflect coverage effective for the appropriate time period. Please plan to correspond with us about insurance requirements.
If you can provide insurance and are a seasoned chef, thank you for your interest. Please register as a volunteer and we will contact you with a link to Eventbrite to sign up for the available dates you'd like to join.